Wessex Local Medical Committees COVID19 GUIDANCE Updates
As part of the Friends of Yeatman Hospital wish to share the most recent safety and personal protection information regarding COVID 19 below are 10 important actions for everyone to consider.
A recent Patient guidance note, published by Wessex Local Medical Committees, the following 10 simple points confirm no matter the demands, local GP practices all are open for business.
1. Primary care is still open and we encourage people to get in touch for any health concerns that cannot be dealt with by the individual, their family or friends or the local pharmacy
2. Routine vaccinations and immunisations are important and are available at the practice.
3. Please only visit the surgery in person if you have an appointment
4. If you think you need to see a doctor please call the practice to speak to a clinician or use e-consult via the practice website
5. If you need to be seen face-to-face then you will be given an appointment to come to the practice
6. This change is happening to help keep staff and patients safe
7. We want to discourage people queuing outside a GP practice and waiting in the waiting area, to reduce the spread of coronavirus
8. Coming in for a booked appointment means you will be seen promptly
9. Staff will clean down areas before your arrival to keep you safe
10. If you have coronavirus symptoms DO NOT come into the practice– self isolate and seek help via your practice or NHS 111 111.nhs.uk
CCG ADVICE ON COVID-19
To keep you informed with recent information on the NHS Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group’s advice about Coronavirus we would direct you to the following link
DISCLAIMER The Friends of the Yeatman Hospital are not the authors and therefore not responsible for any of the information contained in the NHS Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group’s website pages
CORONVIRUS PATIENT GUIDANCE NOTES
Due to the global impact of the Coronavirus Sherborne’s surgeries normal services are under review as they follow the evolving NHS England and Public Health England guidelines – DON’T COME INTO THE YEATMAN IF YOU HAVE COVID-19 LIKE SYMPTOMS
SYMPTOMS – Temperature– cough – shortness of breath – difficulty breathing
Should you be aware of any of the above symptoms please follow the patient guidance notes below
DO NOT GO TO A GP SURGERY, CHEMISTS OR ANY HOSPITAL A& E
GO ONLINE TO FOR MORE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
PROTECT YOURSELF AND FAMILY – FOLLOW THE BASIC GUIDELINES
CORONAVIRUS PRESS RELEASE
The Friends of Yeatman Hospital has no role in the treatment of any clinical condition, other than to provide appropriate support when asked. We direct anyone who has concerns about the COVID 19 virus to follow the guidance notes issued by the NHS and Dorset Healthcare.
call NHS 111 or visit https://www.dorsethealthcare.nhs.uk/about-us/news-events/coronavirus
On behalf of all our Friends I offer to our Matron and her Staff of the Yeatman our full support and respect as they prepare for the challenges ahead, and wish all patients affected a speedy and full recovery.
David G Hayes
The Friends of the Yeatman Hospital